Holmes Parents and Guardians,
The following is important information about conference week, October 26 through October 30.
- Schedule for the week of October 26th.
- Monday, October 26: Asynchronous Learning (unchanged)
- Tuesday, October 27: Green In-Person & Gold Remote Learning (unchanged)
- Wednesday, October 28: Gold In-Person & Green Remote Learning (change from typical week)
- Thursday, October 29: No Online or In-Person Classes (change from typical week)
- Friday, October 30: No Online or In-Person Classes (change from typical week)
- If you have signed up for a Parent-Teacher Video Conference, then you can access the WebEx link by either of the following methods at the time of your scheduled conference. The teacher will then admit you to the conference when they are ready to begin. Students may be present at this conference but are not required.
- Have your student login to Schoology, go to the class page of the teacher the conference is scheduled with, and click the WebEx link for conferences.
- Open the reminder email from Sign Up Genius that you will receive on Monday or Tuesday of conference week, and click the link listed after the teacher's last name.
Have a great weekend!
Tony Karr, Principal
Parents and Guardians,
Virtual Parent - Teacher Conferences will be held the evening of 10-28-2020, the workday of 10-29-2020, and the evening of 10-29-2020. Sign-up options are for 20 minute intervals. However, each conference will last 15 minutes with the additional 5 minutes to allow for technology issues and transitioning from one conference to the next.
When using the Sign-up Genius links:
- Find the teacher and their available time slot for when you would like to meet,
- Click the "Sign-up" check box next to that teacher and time
- Click "Submit and Sign-up" at the bottom of your screen
- Input the requested information, and Click "Sign-up Now"
You will receive an email verifying your selection. Attached is a document that illustrates the conference sign-up process. If you are still having trouble, we may be able to make the selections for you. Please call our front office for help.
Below are sign-up links for selecting a time slot to engage with your student's teacher(s).
- Holmes 6th Grade Teacher Conference Sign Up
- Holmes 7th Grade Teacher Conference Sign Up
- Holmes 8th Grade Teacher Conference Sign Up
- Holmes Additional Teacher Conference Sign Up
Thank you, Anthony Karr, Principal
1) No School on October 29 and 30
Due to Parent - Teacher Conferences occurring during the work day on October 29, and during the evening on October 28 and 29, all In-person Hybrid and Remote classes are canceled for Thursday, October 29 and Friday, October 30.
2) In-Person Hybrid Schedule Change
For the week of Parent-Teacher Conferences ONLY, we are adjusting the Green / Gold day schedule. This is because the normal Gold days, Thursday and Friday, of that week are canceled as stated above.
- Tuesday, October 27 will be a Green, In-person Hybrid day
- Wednesday, October 28 will be a Gold, In-person Hybrid day
I apologize for any inconvenience this causes. Understand this decision is made in the interest of ensuring Gold day students receive an in-person opportunity during that week.
That is all for now! Please let us know if you have any questions.
Tony Karr, Principal
Holmes Parents, Guardians, Students, and Staff
Most of the clarifications in the attached document pertain to the schedule and protocols for those returning to in-person learning. However, I encourage everyone to read through this document carefully. Important information for our entire school community is provided.
Tony Karr, Principal
Holmes Middle School
2455 Mesa Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80904
Vision Statement: Developing life-long learners who are capable of leading, creating and contributing while being empowered with confidence and self-knowledge.
Mission Statement: Igniting a passion for learning while inspiring and empowering students for a future of their own making.
It’s hard to believe we are more than halfway through the first quarter of the school year! Despite the challenges of the pandemic, it’s still vital for families to connect with their child’s teacher(s). Parent/Guardian/Teacher conferences will soon be taking place, and although they may be virtual or different than in the past, there are still some things that never change. For starters, be prepared with the questions you have for your child’s teacher(s). Second, be open and honest and share your child’s strengths and weaknesses, letting the teacher know how best to work with your student. Third, keep the lines of communication open and let your child’s teacher(s) know the best way to reach you. Ask the best way to contact them should you have questions or concerns that arise.