Holmes Middle School
2455 Mesa Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80904
Vision Statement: Developing life-long learners who are capable of leading, creating and contributing while being empowered with confidence and self-knowledge.
Mission Statement: Igniting a passion for learning while inspiring and empowering students for a future of their own making.
Holmes Summer office hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:00pm. Closed for summer June 11-August 1.
In July, you may register new students at 1033 N. Franklin St. For more information go to D11 New Student Enrollment page or call 719-520-2297.
Holmes Middle School offices will open for enrollment on August 2nd. Holmes offices will not be open on August 13. See information below regarding our Back-to-School Registration and Community Building Event on August 14th.
Holmes Parents and Guardians,
On behalf of our entire staff, I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable summer break. I would like to communicate helpful information and event dates for our return to school this fall. Please mark your calendars and save this email for your reference.
- August 14, 2021 Registration and Community Building Event: On this day, all students will pick up supplies/devices, have school photos taken, receive their class schedules, sign required documents, have a school tour, and more! Food trucks will be on site to enjoy our return to learn event.
Please see the time periods for each grade and attempt to adhere to the schedule to the best of your ability. Arriving at a different time may increase the amount of time needed to complete the required tasks. Families with multiple students are welcome to attend any of the time periods.
- 6th grade: 9:00a-11:00a
- Staff Lunch Break: 11:00a-12:00p (closed for families)
- 7th grade: 12:00p-2:00p
- 8th grade: 2:00p-4:00p
- August 16, 2021 6th Grade First Day of School: 6th graders will participate in the WEB (Where Everybody Belongs) orientation with their 8th Grade WEB Leaders. The 8th grade WEB leaders will be reaching out by phone to introduce themselves to your students from August 13-15, and to invite them into their WEB group for this orientation
- August 17, 2021 First Day of School: This is the first day of school for all Middle School students.
- September 8, 2021 Open House: The open house will be from 5:30p-7:30p. Families will have a welcome and overview from staff, and then follow an accelerated version of their student’s school day. More information to come in the fall.
We look forward to next school year, are hopeful that it will bring a return to normalcy, and are excited to be able to engage in-person as a Holmes community again.
Anthony Karr, Principal
The 8th Grade Continuation video of the the live stream is now available at this link.
On behalf of the staff here at Holmes, I would like to extend a well deserved congratulations to our 8th grade class . All of the perseverance and dedication that was shown from students and families this year is greatly appreciated. We wish you success in the years to come. ~Anthony Karr, Principal