Recommended Reading List
There is Life After College: What Parents and Students Should Know About Navigating School to Prepare for the Jobs of Tomorrow (2016) by Jeffrey J. Selingo
- Today, employers are expecting experienced workers capable of doing their jobs from day one. This book has a step-by-step plan to jump-start a career.
The College Finder: Choose the School that’s Right for You (2017) by Steven R. Antonoff
- This guidebook that can help expand the pool of schools that student consider for college. Lists colleges based on academics, athletics, student life, affordability, and more.
College Admission from Application to Acceptance, Step by Step (2011) by Robin Mamlet and Christine Vandevelde
- What colleges want and why? When and how to start? Preparing for SAT and ACT. What to expect when interviewing. Writing effective essays. And much more!
The Alumni Factor: A Revolution in College Rankings (2013) pub. The Alumni Factor.
- Exclusive profiles of America’s top colleges. Which college produce the most successful graduates – financial success, personal growth, career preparation, job opportunities, overall happiness.
The College Atlas & Planner (2017) pub. Wintergreen Orchard House.
- Helps planning college visits by providing a state by state atlas of accredited four-year colleges in the U.S. Includes sizes, features, and affiliations. Also includes websites, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses.
Fiske Guide to Colleges (2019) by Edward B. Fiske.
- Detailed and candid stories on four-year colleges. Lists of strong programs and popular majors at each school. Information on how to apply, including test requirements. Indexes that break down schools by state, price, and average debt. Academic, social, and quality-of-life ratings, and more.
All the Wisdom and None of the Junk (2017) by Katy Craig & Katie Kramer
- Secrets of applying for college admission and scholarships