Traditional Concurrent Enrollment
Traditional Concurrent Enrollment allows students to access funds to study at the postsecondary level while still in high school. Through this program, students may earn both high school and college credit. An up to date Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP) is required. Tuition is covered by Colorado Springs School District 11, books and other college course fees shall be at the expense of the student or his/her parents or legal guardians. When starting to research courses a great tool is the CDE Guranteed Transfer (GT) website. GT Pathways courses, in which the student earns a C- or higher, will always transfer and apply to GT Pathways requirements in AA, AS and most bachelor's degrees at every public Colorado college and university. All of these tools can also help high school students plan their AP, IB and Concurrent Enrollment courses.
+ For more information and to be considered complete the CE interest form: D11 CE Interest Form
OR Scan this QR code from your mobile device to complete the CE interest form.
As with all programs the student must complete the following steps:
1. Complete interest form/application on the D11 website.
2. Update ICAP Postsecondary goal to reflect your course within the certificate or degree plan you are working toward.
3. Contact and meet with school/career and college counselor.
4. Once approved, complete any required testing or qualifying measures.
5. Apply to the Institution of Higher Education (IHE) that offers the course or program.
6. Complete the D11 Postsecondary Agreement D11 Postsecondary Agreement (NEW USER- create an account).
7. Confirm with counselor all steps were completed in order to be scheduled in course or program.
8. Order textbooks or required supplies (prior to the start of class).