ASCENT - Accelerating Students through Concurrent Enrollment
ASCENT Accelerating Students through Concurrent Enrollment at Pikes Peak Community College (PPCC)
D11 high school seniors who have met all graduation requirements and who have completed at least 12 college credit hours may apply for ASCENT, which allows them to stay enrolled in high school for a fifth year as an additional year of Concurrent Enrollment after the 12th grade. Students who took a year or two of Career Start courses or any student who has completed or is on track to complete the required 12 college credits through traditional CE can apply. D11 pays for the total cost of the program including tuition and fees, the student is responsible for books and other expenses. Students can register and apply for a part-time slot between 3 and 11 credit hours, or a full-time slot of 12 or more credits.
+ For more information and to APPLY complete the ASCENT form: D11 ASCENT Application
OR Scan this QR code from your mobile device to complete the ASCENT application.
As with all programs the student must complete the following steps:
1. Complete interest form/application on the D11 website.
2. Update ICAP Postsecondary goal to reflect your course within the certificate or degree plan you are working toward.
3. Contact and meet with school/career and college counselor.
4. Once approved, complete any required testing or qualifying measures.
5. Apply to the Institution of Higher Education (IHE) that offers the course or program.
6. Complete the D11 Postsecondary Agreement D11 Postsecondary Agreement (NEW USER- create an account).
7. Confirm with counselor all steps were completed in order to be scheduled in course or program.
8. Order textbooks or required supplies (prior to the start of class).
Additional information can be found on these CDE links: