Summer Access Initiative
Reach out and meet with a counselor or attend an event.
See information on the left to register for virtual events and below for how to contact a counselor.
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Financial Aid: FAFSA Presentation
June 22, 2021
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM Register for Classes: Group Advising Presentation - PPCC
June 23, 2021
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Looking for a job?
July 4, 2021
District 11 Summer Access Initiative (June 2021)
1. Can I still get help after finishing high school?
- Yes! Finishing high school and wondering what to do next is challenging, exciting, and can be confusing.
2. Counselors Available At Each District 11 High School (June 2021)
Email List - Click on Name below to send email
Coronado High School Mitchell High School Tesla EOC
Cody Eden Karin Alaska Cheryl Stueve
Amber Bjork Maria Niichel Sally Jergensen
Vanessa Vatalaro Corinna Evans Deric Mann
Natalie Real Nola Thomasson
Doherty High School Palmer High School
Vicki Glaser Cassidy Bristol
Sarah Wilson Lisa Powers
Kathy Hernandez Lisa Montez
3. District 11's Access Initiative-Personal Support For You
- School counselors are available from June 1-June 25 (Monday-Thursday) at all D11 high schools except for RJWAC, which is closed for construction. RJWAC school counselors will be located at the Tesla Educational Oppoprtunity Center (old Longfellow building). We want all students and families to have access, support, information, and direction so our students can pursue their dreams and goals after high school.
4. Do you need help applying for college, a technical school, the military, or help with finding job training programs? We can help answer and support these questions & more
- Do you need helping completing an application for a college or technical school?
- Are you wondering how to get in contact with representatives from the military?
- Do you need help putting a resume/job application together?
- Are you looking for ways to get access to financial support to help you get into a school or program?
- Are you wondering how to get help and training to prepare yourself for a full-time job and career?
- Would you benefit from sitting down with someone who can help you identify for yourself options after high school?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to increase your skills and see what college is really like?
5. Are you interested in taking a free college course this summer? Here's How:
Pikes Peak Community College has partnered with Colorado Springs School District 11 to provide a free summer college course called Advanced Academic Achievement (AAA 109). This course is designed for students who want to learn strategies for learning how to create greater academic, professional, and personal success.
Where and when will it be offered?
Meets Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for 4 weeks from 9 am - 2 pm.
(Includes one hour lunch and other breaks)
Session 1: June 1 - 24, 2021, Remote Real-Time
Session 2: June 22 - July 15, 2021, Hyflex with on-campus option at the Centennial Campus
Session 3: July 6 - 29, 2021, Remote Real-Time
How do I Sign-Up?
Have a Question or Need Some Support?
- Choose when and which format you would like to take the class from the options above.
- Complete the online form to request to register for the class you choose here.
- Our Enrollment Services team will process your request and be in touch with you soon with your next steps.
- Contact Zach at Zach.Lebsock@ppcc.edu or 719-502-2237.