District 11 Telecomm Services
Webex Meetings Updates
In order to provide additional security features for District 11 students and staff in Virtual Meetings, changes were made that restricts Webex Personal Room meetings to District 11 students and staff effective Monday, November 2nd. In addition, virtual meetings may be scheduled by teachers in Schoology which restricts access to students and staff in the course.
1. Webex Scheduled Meetings – Attendees can be anyone with the meeting link, no login required.
- Attendees with a District Network Account will be admitted automatically to an unlocked meeting.
- Attendees without a d11.org account will be placed in the Lobby and must be admitted by the Host/Co-Host.
- Staff can schedule meetings using either the web portal (webex.com) or Outlook Productivity Tools
2. Webex Personal Meeting Room – Restricted to staff and students with a District 11 network account (cssd11.webex.com/meet/first.last)
- Join meetings with email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, and network password
- All meetings will be locked after 10 minutes.
- Meetings can be created in Outlook using @webex in the Location field
3. Webex/Schoology Integration and Meeting Settings
- Cisco Webex Tool embedded in Schoology
- Student Accounts have Attendee Only Permissions
- District network account login required for staff and students to attend Personal Meeting Rooms and meetings scheduled in Schoology.
- Students that join a meeting in Schoology must be logged in to Webex. We recommend that students login at cssd11.webex.com before joining any meetings scheduled in Schoology.
- Once the student is logged in to Webex they can join any meeting in Schoology until they logout or their Webex Meeting account is idle for over 1 hour.
- Please click HERE for a short video for additional instructions.
Additional Staff Telecomm and Webex Resources are available on the Intranet.
Click here to access
If prompted, enter your email address for your username and your network password.