The Archives and Records Management Center

    Records Front Door  
    The Archives and Records Management Center office is open to customers from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.  
    The Archives and Records Management Center is responsible for providing service and support to students, parents, schools, the public, and the administration in the following areas:
    Records Management Training - Click Here to Watch the Training Video
    Records Retention Schedules for District records - Click Here to View the Schedules
    Student Records - Processing, storing, and destruction of all inactive student records including permanent records such as transcripts. Responding to requests from other school districts, parents, law enforcement agencies, State and Federal government agencies, and high education agencies.

    Transcripts/Records - To request a transcript or any other record, click here for the Records Request form  (En Espanol)

    District Records - Processing, storing, retention, disclosure, and destruction of all inactive administrative records.

    Archives - Preserving and maintaining all historical documents of the district including but not limited to Board of Education minutes and resolutions, administrative reports, district directories, photographs, and school historical libraries.
    Board of Education Policy - Facilitation of the research, development, revision, dispersement of, and legal compliance of Board of Education generated documents. Click here to view the D-11 Board Policy ManualDuring the 2021-2022 school year, quite a few Board of Education policies, regulations and exhibits were either revised, created or deleted.  Please click here for a summary of items acted upon during the 2021-2022 school year.  
    Subpoenas and Custodial Issues - For employees who receive a subpoena, please see the following link for guidance- Subpoena Guidance.  If you have questions regarding custodial issues, please contact the District 11 Archives and Records Management Center at 719-520-2079 or via email to
    Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) - Respond to and ensure District compliance. Submit your CORA request by going to, scrolling down the page and clicking on "Quick Links", and then clicking on "CORA Request Form".  Follow the instructions on the form.  There are fees associated with records requests.  See Regulation KDB-R for information regarding fees:  Regulation KDB-R  
    Special Education Records - If a student requiring special education services withdrew or graduated from the District five years ago, associated special education records are under evaluation for destruction. If you, as the former student with a disability or the parent of a student with a disability, would like to request access to and/or copies of your records or your child’s records prior to destruction, please contact the Colorado Springs School District 11 Records Management Center at 719-520-2307. If we do not hear from you, those special education records may be permanently destroyed pursuant to the school district’s records retention policy.