District 11 works hard to maintain affordable athletic fees to maximize student participation Middle school interscholastic athletic fees have been set as follows:
- Full Fee - $50.00
- Reduced Lunch Fee - $33.00
- Free Lunch Fee - $17.00
- Non District Athlete Fee - $75.00
- Football Fee - $93 - Paid to Colorado Springs Parks & Rec
- Golf, Softball & Soccer - Please contact the coach for more specifics about fees and associated costs.
All paperwork must be turned into the front office before the the first day of practice or tryouts. Students may not practice or compete until all required paperwork is turned in. Blank forms may be picked up from the front office or can be printed using the included documents.
The following paperwork is required for interscholastic sports (football, track & field, wrestling, basketball, volleyball):
- D11 Physical and Participation Form - A new sports physical is required every 365 days. Even if you filled out this form during the 2020-2021 school year, you must fill out another form prior to playing a sport during the 2021-2022 school year.
- D11 Emergency Information Card - A new emergency information card ("blue card") must be filled out for each sport you play during the 2021-2022 school year.
The following paperwork is required for intramural sports (golf, soccer & softball):
- D11 intramural Particpation Form - A new form must be filled out for each intramural sport.
*Eligibility is considered for academics, attendance, and behavior.
1) Student-athletes are expected and required to maintain passing grades for all of their classes. Student-athletes should complete and submit all assignments on time, They should also check their grades through PowerSchool on a frequent basis.
2) If student-athletes have any questions about their grades or how to improve them, they should speak to that teacher directly. The preferred times to speak to a teacher are during lunch, before school, or after school. There may be occassional instances when it is appopriate to address these concerns before class, during class, or after class. Student-athletes may also email teachers with their questions.
3) Academic eligibility reports will be checked once per week, sometime after 4 pm on Mondays. Students should have any make-up work turned in no later than Friday, so that teachers have time to update grades prior to Monday at 4 pm. In general, student-athletes should expect that assignments will be graded within 1 week of submitting the assignment.
4) When the eligibility report is pulled, student-athletes may not have any failing grades. If a student-athlete has any failing grades when the eligibility report is pulled, that indivdiual will be ineligible for all contests the week (Monday - Saturday). The individual may not play in any contests for one full week, even if that student-athlete raises their grade during that time.
5) If the reason a student was ineligible was due to a teacher mistake (for example, a score was incorrectly entered or the student was absent and received a zero before being given an opportunity to complete the assignment), they should ask their teacher to email the athletic director.
6) Repeated issues with academic eligibility may result in the coach removing that student-athlete from the team.
1) Student-athletes are expected and required to attend school whenever it is possible for that student to attend. If a student-athlete will be absent, they should email their coach.
2) Student-athletes that are absent from school on a given day may not participate in athletics on that given day.
3) Repeated issues with attendance eligibility may result in the coach or building administration removing that student-athlete from the team.
1) Student-athletes are also expected and required to behave appopriately. These expectations extend to both District 11 and non-District 11 property, both during school hours and outside of school hours.
2) Student-athletes that are suspended on a given day may not participate in athletics on that given day.
3) Repeated or severe issuess with behavior eligibility may result in the coach or building administration removing that student-athlete from the team.
Matt Dobbins - Athletic Director/Asst Principal
Jamie Gaffney - Volunteer/Athletic Secretary
Roxanne Wheeles - Business/Athletic Secretary
Student-athletes are expected to represent themselves and the school in a positive manner at all times. Students must meet certain academic, behavior, and attendance expectations in order to compete and remain on the team. Please view the "Eligibility" tab of our athletics page to understand our spectific expectations.
Spectators are expected to be both respectful and positive towards athletes, officials, game workers, and other spectators. Spectators that do not meet these expectations will need to leave, and in repeated or severe instances, may be excluded from all future District 11 events and District 11 property. PLEASE KNOW THAT NO SPECTATORS ARE ALLOWED AT PRACTICE AND ONLY ONE SPECTATOR PER STUDENT-ATHLETE ARE ALLOWED AT COMPETITIONS AT THIS TIME.
Equipment & Uniforms
Mann Middle School receives a very limited athletic budget, so it is important that we take care of all school-issued equipment and uniforms. Students that do not return equipment and uniforms in good condition will be charged the full replacement cost.
District 11 Middle School Athletics supports "competition and inclusion", meaning that all student-athletes (who are eligible) will receive playing time, but that the playing time will not be equal. There are also certain playing time rules for each sport that coaches must follow. If you have questions or concerns about playing time, please speak to the coach 24 hours after the conclusion of the contest.
Transportation will be extremely limited this year, particularly with Covid-19 safety concerns. Parents will be expected to provide their own transportation for their student-athlete.
Due to Covid-19 safety concerns, our head coaches will be allowed no more than one volunteer coach per sport. For some sports, no volunteer coaches will be allowed. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer coach, please begin by filling out a volunteeer application with Ms. Gaffney in the front office.
You can find additional information regarding District 11 Athletics at https://www.d11.org/Athletics.