2022 D11 SUMMER BRIDGE
The Colorado Springs District 11 Summer Bridge program is for current D11 students enrolled in non-chartered schools. Contact your child's school to learn more and to see if the program is a good fit and if there is space available. For those students enrolled in schools not hosting the program, your child's school can assist you with finding potential opportunities at neighboring schools. Space in the program is prioritized based on student need and space is limited due to the staffing and class size limits.
This year's Summer Bridge Program will consist of two distinct blocks of student learning opportunities to support students in different ways and to serve different groups of students based on need. The Academic Block is tentatively scheduled for Monday, June 6th through Friday, July 1st and the Jump Start Block is Monday, July 25th through Thursday, July 28th with the possibility for a second week beginning on August 1st.
Academic Block Jump Start Block
- 4-week program
- June 6th to July 1st
- 5 days/week
- 5.5-hours each day
- Emphasis in four areas: academics, enrichment, social emotional learning, and a range of subject areas
- Current District 11 K-12 students
- Targeted student enrollment based on need
- Possibility of enrolling at another school if need is determined and space is available
- 1-week program
- Weeks of July 25th and/or August 1st (depending on school)
- 4 days/week (No Fridays)
- 3-hours each day
- Emphasis on readiness to learn
- Incoming kindergarten, sixth, and ninth grade students
- Open student enrollment based on number of spots available and student/family interest
- Home school must be hosting in order to enroll
Summer Bridge programs provide engaging activities to prepare students for the following school year. Research shows summer bridge can help prepare students for the upcoming school year. Due to the pandemic, the D11 summer bridge programs will be offered in an effort to prepare students for future learning.
The 2022 summer bridge programs aim to prepare students for the following school year and beyond by providing additional learning opportunities beyond the traditional school calendar. Using a balanced approach to learning including academic, enrichment, social emotional learning, and a variety of subject areas, students will work with D11 licensed educators to advance their learning over the summer based on their own unique needs.
- IT'S FREE
- IT'S IN-PERSON
- BREAKFAST AND LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED
- TRANSPORTATION WILL BE PROVIDED
- AVAILABLE TO CURRENT D11 STUDENTS